Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Anomaly

I’m holding on to the last strands of lucidity that I think I possess.
The sleep that I didn’t sleep is all pervasive.
She engulfs me like a thick mist.
She beckons me like a sweet temptress.
But I’m afraid it is not to be.
She will not let me enjoy her. Exploit her.
She would rather keep me waiting, so I don’t stop wanting her.
She delights in my agony, reminding me of Him.

He, the man of my dreams.
A face I can put a name to but not much else,
who has made me less than myself.
He says You’re my best friend.
He says I’m giving up on you.
He says You slut!
He puts himself first.
He lacks the courage to be vulnerable.
He is not faithful.

This elusive duo has shattered my existence.
Sleep.
Him.
Sleep.
Him.
I resent both.
I desire both.
I am scarred.
Living, but not alive.
My gut says this morbid state of being will not subside.

I am going out today, all dolled up.
The kohl in my eyes hides the circles around them.
Caused by the Two.
My archenemies.
Today I will rise
Above the power they hold over me.
I will defeat them.
Conquer Her and set Him free.

6 comments:

purna said...

wow.....im stunned....hardly feels dis is ur first......keep it up......im gonna be hooked,waiting for the next!!!!
atta girl,this post is soo much u...deep,mysterious......
good job,take a bow!!!!...so proud of you

Blackmagic said...

The idea sounds too familiar to be appreciated alone, though I really liked the way you've presented it.

It's an engulfing poem that carries a depth without losing its relevance with reality, and I agree that it's hard to believe that it's your first.

According to me, lines like 'Living, but not alive.
My gut says this morbid state of being will not subside' should be avoided or written differently, just to avoid the disturbing rhyme, and maintain an uninterrupted flow.

In all, it's a pretty much FRWish post. [:)]

Prachi Savant said...

those lines rhymed accidentally.
now in retrospect, i can see the pitfalls and how i could have avoided some of them. thanks for your critique.

Chits said...

I agree with Purna..its great!
keep it up, mate!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! How did this Maths whiz go from playing with numbers to words??? You've always had an excellent vocabulary, but poetry??? I'm amazed... Hardly seems like this is your first!!!

Prachi Savant said...

all that math whiz business is passe :)
i'm glad you liked it.. coz your vocab is better!