Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Release

Tonight will be a long night –
So long, I’ll lose myself.

Tonight, I’ll lean out, tethered,
Into a world of silken touches.
I’ll lift drooping leaves
And blow dust off their backs.
I’ll make myself a smile
And float it on rivers that go far.
I’ll paint lolling tulips on faces
And compose lilting melodies.
I’ll soar to embrace a boundless sky
And brush my fingers against falling flakes of air.

Tonight, I’ll withdraw, tethered,
From a world of silken touches.
I’ll walk a long way backwards
To a cocooned bed of water.
I’ll close my eyes and open my mouth
Into a wordless scream.
From the last lingering reserves
Then release the sound
That’ll ricochet off my curled up limbs
And I’ll swallow it up again.

Tonight will be a long night –
So long, I can’t lose myself.


- Siddhesh Inamdar.
siddhesh.inamdar@gmail.com

3 comments:

Janvi Gandhi said...

Your words above anything else are a winner - in the context as well as out of it. The great thing is, the effort to create your poetry, NEVER shows. The ability to make the inner workings of the mind, look like a fluid parable is a work of a gifted artist. The Release brings us in its world and as noiselessly, pulls us out of it. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Do you own a factory of masterpieces?

Samir Bellare said...

Mr.Critic, I'd like to rephrase you...


"Does Your Majesty own a factory of masterpieces?"