Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Mind of a Day-Dreamer

You want to know what fantasy is. You just ask me.
If you call it off as daydreaming, it might sound too easy
But you dare not stop me; it's not just a stupid excuse,
Just try and understand, it's like a satisfying bruise.

You don't need to be sane all the while, it's not always real
If you're always level headed, you won't be able to feel.
Else you'll enjoy it; with a closed mind and open eyes,
No response to waves or calls, completely ignoring the Hi's!

You'll have no clue of what you can do, nor of what you can't
Just try and think that you're Rajinikanth
But you can't, you just can't stop your vagabond mind
Someday you might chase your fantasy and grab it from behind.



- Samir D. Bellare
Sambell111@gmail.com

7 comments:

Janvi Gandhi said...

Nice one! Taming the mind, is indeed quite criminal. How you validate fantasy! Has Mihir paid you for this poem? ;)

Samir Bellare said...

errrr....ummmm....sorry for this poem...but Janvi, you and Siddhesh are responsible for this..
I wanted to write like you guys do, and see what happened....I have written an insane poem....I have to confess it did not make sense when I read it...so if it sounds funny, I regard myself fortunate. Well, and Mihir hasn't paid me....yet.

Janvi Gandhi said...

Lol. First things first, take control of your rhyme. The idea is intact but some words feel misplaced.. for instance, 'satisfying bruise'.
In poetry, as far as I understand it's more about economy and precision than ANYTHING else. Just read better poets who are more experimental in their style and you'll find your skill more liberated as well. Hope this helps. And thanks for putting us at a pedestal:) But I'd like to see you develop your inner abilities as well. Good luck!

Samir Bellare said...

haha...i knew 'satisfying bruise' would raise eyebrows...well, it is true; i thought about it a million times before putting it in...you feel that you're sometimes wasting time, but there's nothing more satisfying than wasting that time with yourself, hope i'm right...i know i like rhymes all the time, but well, that's me...well, ill do as you said to improve :) thanks

speedaholic said...

But you dare not stop me; it's not just a stupid excuse,
Just try and understand, it's like a satisfying bruise.

Was that Kurt Cobain inspired?

Samir Bellare said...

not really. oh yeah you trying to temme my poem is as bad as lyrics by nirvana?! i shall sue you ;)

arre yaar how many times do I apologise for the bad poem!

speedaholic said...

no re ...just dat u can do better than this