Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Moment of Magic

Trance.
There lay a moment,
fallen from the skies.
The moment looked embellished with joys
and polished with a heavenly delight.
It was a moment that exuded ebullience,
a moment that went beyond the darkness of the past,
and a moment that outplayed the uncertainties of the future.
My eyes - eager to capture it ingenuously;
My heart - beating with an increasing flamboyance;
And my psyche - emanating a noble feeling of gratification.
I wished, the moment to last; perhaps, forever.
Impracticable, as my wish turned out to be,
at least in my memories, I wanted it to be preserved;
this time again, forever.

Now,
Trance again, yet another.
But the moment lies in my brains,
with quaint reminiscences of its existence,
Making themselves heard loud and clear,
Making themselves exude the timeless ebullience,
and making themselves worth being treasured,
Yes, forever. Indeed, forever!


- Mihir Chitre
mihirmumbaikar@gmail.com

1 comment:

Janvi Gandhi said...

The beauty of a moment is duly acknowledged... its one of a kind and stays in the memory forever! But the structure of the poem seems contrived...Memory has recurring appearances, disappearances with variations..how can one reduce it to two trances?! The flow breaks up