Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Weird Creator (Informal)

At lot of people write because they want to communicate something to the world. They want their voice to reach out to the world. There are others who write because they like to. But I fall into the third category! You might wonder what the third category is! I write because Mihir Chitre (our darling editor) wants me to write!

Mihir Chitre suddenly came up with this ‘weird’ idea of starting a blogazine. He comes up with such weird ideas time and again and poor people like me surrender to his intense convincing force and start contributing to his ideas in all possible ways.

The last time when lightning struck Mihir hard, our community ‘Freaks, Rebels and Weirdos’ took birth. And from there it has been a long journey. I often wonder how so many people have got together and without inhibitions share about their feelings, their thoughts! I am also a part of the crowd that finds solace in the ‘threads’ of FRW after a long day. FRW has been an important part of our lives since a very long time.
We even had an official Freaks party. This ofcourse happened when lightning hit Mihir the second time!

The intercourse of Mihir and lightning (life taught him the harder way that getting a girl is not his cup of tea) has borne many off-springs. This is just another one of their offerings and I hope that FRW lives up to its name!!



- Divya Shetty
divya_infinity@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the only one who doesn't seem to be upto the mark this time! I am sure you will do better next time! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Doing something because your friend asked you to, so that you are also a part of his initiative, no matter how big or small, according to me, is way more important, or rather beautiful, than living up to any 'mark'. In any case, I liked your idea of lightning hitting the owner! Reminded me of a story I was a part of three years ago. I, for one, am looking forward to your next piece. Best of luck with whatever you are working on!