Sunday, October 21, 2007

'What' & 'Why' of The FRW Mag

"I don't want to be a product of my environment ; I want my environment to be a product of me." This quote may popularly be regarded as picked up from the movie - 'The Departed', though I'm sure it has been around for quite a while as it's been quoted by many erudite writers in their 'impressive' writings, over the period of time and it has also been used extensively as a major tool of aggrandizement of their power and personality by many of us.

I, actually, do not belong to either of the above categories. At least, not to the group of erudite writers for sure. But even I believe in this quote quite strongly. I believe that each one of us possesses the ability to change or rather rearrange the system of things around him as he wants to. I believe that WE (the YOUTH) do look at things in a different way than our ancestors. I am an ardent believer of 'The Theory of Relativity' (though I never claim to have understood even a fraction of it) and its philosophical counterpart - 'Subjectivity'. I believe that each one of us deserves to have an opinion about everything that's around him and I also believe that the opinion of the minority, however major it is, should not be suppressed merely because it is against the majority. Oh! I have so many beliefs!


Well, thanks to the several beliefs that I just mentioned and due to some of those that I did not, I have always felt the need for a forum that is immune to the influence of trends, that contains articulate writers and a forum that is intelligently monitored. 'The FRW Mag' or 'The Freaks' Magazine (as I love to call it)' is just an attempt to realize my idea of such a forum.

'The FRW Mag' is a way of looking at things differently. We will have opinions, stories, poems, reviews and all sorts of articles on house. We don't really bother about the format of articles neither do they have to fit any specific pattern of writing. Our writers have the full freedom to express themselves in whatever way they want to. All we are bothered about is 'Quality'. And by 'Quality', I mean two things - The way of writing and the intellectual appeal that a particular article creates in the readers' mind. 'The FRW Mag' is not just going to be restricted to the so called 'Serious' issues; 'Humour' is an inherent part of it since, I believe (once again), it's one of the most sacred arts on the planet.

Creativity, Chaos and Criticism are 3 of the major features of our magazine. I not only support weird ideas but also promote them. The FRW Mag will be leading in the promotion of rebellious, trend setting thoughts and articles and it will, as well, be supporting what I call the 'leper literature'. This magazine is for all those who think - weirdly, differently.


I, as the editor & creator of this small little 'Internet Magazine' or 'Blogazine', enthusiastically declare its release. I thank my entire team in advance for an efficient and dedicated performance that I'm sure they will put forth and I invite all the connoisseurs as well as critics of modern writing to have a look at our magazine and I hope that the 'look' gets transformed into a profound, eloquent and interesting read.


- Mihir Chitre
mihirmumbaikar@gmail.com

5 comments:

Divya said...

best of luck on your new endeavour!

Anonymous said...

well written mihir.... hopes this mag. turns out as crazy as ur community!!!

Anonymous said...

The idea is brilliant!

The article should have been concise. But since even this was an introductory article, I would judge you next time.

Divya said...

Mihir Chitre, seriously a good effort! A good platform for people who want to express themselves!
I wish your venture to reach the heights that Abhiruchi once did! Grandpa would hv been proud of you!:)

Anonymous said...

I re-read the article after 3 months and surprisingly loved it much more than I had once...I don't think you could have introduced our mag in any other different way!
Maybe at that time,I felt you were making tall claims..But now, as I read the article, I know you have lived upto the promise you have made to your audience!..of providing them 'quality' writing issue after issue...
Kudos!