Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Take...(Informal)

It all began with the editor calling me up and saying “listen carefully, it's not a joke. 'The FRW magazine' will be launched tomorrow." My immediate reaction was, “What are you talking! Laugh.”

My first encounter with FRW was when I joined its community on one of the social networking sites. The owner (and the editor now) would always be seen formulating his best publicity tactics to get the TRP of the posts boosted. This community went on to celebrate its anniversary and also having its first official meet organized. I gradually became an active member on FRW. To be noted, the last sentence has a flavour of pride in it.

The FRW magazine, in my view, promises to come up with a difference as the tag line suggests. I have few points which I think will justify its tag line/idea. Firstly, when the community was initiated, the owner had his first stage of making a difference. Today, I consider FRW - the community, to be one of the few communities that journeyed in time as decided in the beginning.

Secondly, when the editor was briefing me initially about 'The FRW Magazine', I noticed that he used one particular word repeatedly - 'QUALITY’. He had a clear picture of how he is going to maintain the quality of writing and contents. I'm sure that when the editor has such a strong take on something that's generally sidelined by most of the entrepreneurs these days, readers would get the word 'Quality' redefined here.

It's inevitable for all those who know Mihir, to talk about him while speaking about FRW. In fact, most of us will end up writing down a personal take on him. I have a justification for this. It's because, in some way or the other 'Mihir' and 'FRW' appear to be synonyms of each other. In simple words, Mihir Chitre personifies FRW!

I joined the FRW community because the owner was a friend but I have associated myself with FRW magazine because I relate to the title and the idea as a person.

If 'change' is the only constant then 'difference' is a function of it. And 'difference' is a natural by-product of all that's associated with FRW.


- Mamta Pandya
mamtapandya007@gmail.com

1 comment:

Divya said...

Hey Mamta,
Well written! I couldn't believe it came from you!!