Saturday, November 17, 2007

Simple Reflections

Remember not I that when was it last
That I let myself lose, drift into my past

That I lost my sanity to behave insane
Went out for a stroll or bathed in the rain

Or to celebrate my day I took out some while
When was it last that I had an effortless smile?

Time I have not to pamper my soul
Accomplish I something only to set another goal

Deaf have I become to hear my heart weep
Have no moments to cherish or memories to keep

Dead with emotions I am alive
I wanna live and not just survive

Where am I going, from where did I start?
Mindlessly going on, just dragging my cart



- Priyanka Rathi
prynkrth@yahoo.co.in

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pristine read!

Anonymous said...

too many inversions.. i like it otherwise! a 'pristine' read indeed!

Anonymous said...

Well written, Priyanka! You have clearly managed to convey your thoughts across!! Only a CA Article can write a poem about missing life and it's essence so well!! ;)

Janvi Gandhi said...

"Mindlessly going on, just dragging my cart" Beautiful lines, amazing resonance! :)

Siddhesh said...

nice poem with some beautiful lines like "When was it last that I had an effortless smile?" and, as already pointed out by Janvi, "Mindlessly going on, just dragging my cart".. and again as pooja has said, too many inversions take away a little from the poem but a nice read on the whole