Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Black Well of Dark Love

Your love comes with tags of ifs and buts.
I need to alter myself to fit your standards all the time.
And I have been doing that forever now.
I have lost myself somewhere along the way in the dark love you gave me.
Everything seems to be adulterated, even love.
This black well of dark love surrounds me, it binds me, it comforts me.
I have learnt to seek love here.
I love the darkness that loves me!

I am exhausted now. I have given you a lot of love that is unconditional.
And I don’t know how much more I can give, for how long I can sustain this.
I shall live in this darkness you have given me. I shall love this darkness.
I don’t want to lose myself. Free me, darkness…from all the bonds, the conditions.
Accept me! Love me because you are all that I have now.
I shall love you too, unconditionally.
This black well absorbs me. It protects me. It holds me close!
I love the darkness that loves me.




- Pallavi Arur
pallaviarur@gmail.com

4 comments:

speedaholic said...

hey nice poem.a different take on darkness and yes a true one.me like many others who'd read it can relate to it.it just goes to show that in order to achieve the bright side of everything ie be extraordinarily good at everything we slowly moving away from ourselves, who we are what we are.that too not for our, but for someone else's sake, who may or may not even care about us.

Anonymous said...

it's too beautiful to fit into words of comment and critical appreciation. you simply have to shut your eyes and feel it............

Anonymous said...

Again, nice conceptualisation..

Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.