Sunday, December 30, 2007

Afterdark

Helpless and hollow,
I sat down, quietly staring outside the window.
Serene, flamboyant and intense! Reflecting in my eye sight,
was the thunderous crescendo of night.

Several dreams apart,
Many memories away,
The night was getting darker,
drifting away from the day.

With ruins of hopes and demolished dreams,
Anticipated thunders and forgotten wonders,
Through the scattered memories, my mind had a haphazard walk;
as I vaguely portrayed myself in the dark.

The darkness was lethal, tranquil and destructive!
Suicidal feelings conquered my psyche.
With optimism buried under the grave of reality,
I surrendered myself to the darkness.
And in melancholy, I got engrossed;
Recollecting the dreams that were tattered;
and memorizing the smiles that were lost.




- Mihir chitre
mihirmumbaikar@gmail.com

5 comments:

Vee said...

i liked it!:)

Janvi Gandhi said...

It has a very morbid feel to it. Almost piercing. As though someone has been writing this sitting at the edge of the rock,facing the enveloping sea. Cliched (but strong) image! Probably the best way to end this classic, year-end issue of FRW. A real treat by the way! It just summarizes what each of our characters/narrators feel in the respective poems and short stories. Of course this feeling extends to real life but more poignantly here.

Anonymous said...

I am too tempted to quote Mihir over here. He messaged me a killer line yesterday which completely suits the way this issue has turned out to be.

"Those interested in masters, read Siddhesh Inamdar; those interested in pieces, read Mihir Chitre." :)

Anonymous said...

I have already given u a feedback on this one..A good attempt..

Anonymous said...

Mihir...I am sorry yaar..I really feel I have been unfair to you!
Liked it a lot!