Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Tribute to Pink Floyd

Waiting for you with paranoid eyes,
lost for words in the course of life,
Like a brain damaged lunatic, with something more than just that young lust in my mind,
still filled with high hopes for the happiest days of my life,
all the time I wished you were near; all the time I wished you were here.

With any colour you like, I wanted you to colour me,
spending all the time & money that I had,
with sorrow in my mind I ran like hell.

Marooned
was I, poles apart were we.
I even thought of saying goodbye to the cruel world,

The thin ice
was melting day by day.
Before I, finally, stopped the useless chase
where I could find no love, no trust & no signs of life.

Trying to re-build the wall,
was the given task.
Starting to breathe fresh again,
was a difficult ask.
The empty spaces in the wall occasionally questioned,
‘What would be outside the wall?’
But firm was I, I`ll be once again learning to fly.

I knew the show must go on.
It was not the end & was time for
"Killing the past & coming back to life"
Then came the great day of freedom;
the day when it was the hero’s return!

writing the epilogue as an advisory note,
don’t bother about such tiny things,
life`s a saucerful of secrets,
explore it, enjoy it!
If you wish, nothing can turn it gray;
Booze, rock, Pink Floyd

& of course, have a cigar everyday!




- Mihir Chitre
mihirmumbaikar@gmail.com

-


6 comments:

Vee said...

apt use of the lyrics at the right places! gives a good effect!

~*~*~*$hakti*~*~*~ said...

ur a true fan man! pickin the lyrics to weave a poem with! fantastic!

Janvi Gandhi said...

what a great idea! Only i got so carried away by the songs that didn't end up finding meaning in the lines.. then read it again and reveled in its beauty. Such an engaging melody!

Vee said...

i agree with what janvi says...the lyrics engross you initially.a second read makes you enjoy the poem itself!

Akshay said...

Great one!!.. U r one hell of a fan man!!.. 1st time I visited this site.. M definitely hooked.. Keep them coming..

Anonymous said...

Though I don't know anything about Pink Floyd except for what I hv heard from you, I liked the poem!
Nice Idea...and nowhere do the lyrics seem deliberate! Well written