Saturday, December 15, 2007

Walk Into the desert of my life

Walk into the desert of my life…for I call for you,
I will cry away your tears, for mine has dried into patience waiting

Pick up this pebble lying lost along the beaches of this forsaken lagoon
For I am waiting to be noticed……acknowledge my presence.

Look up for I am that broken cloud which doesn’t have you,
To bring downpour of bliss and euphoria

Allow me to touch and feel you, for I am all there
To take you on a ride to that utopia of silent acceptance of romance

Hold me for the rest of your way for I am no walking stick
But a stranger who is walking away into the strangeness of oneself

No one understands me probably for I am little labyrinth in my own self
I am not asking to simplify complications; your silent stare can come to some consolation

I want to be wanted, I desire to be desired, love to be loved.
To share my glass of wine with someone…to cheer the camaraderie

Collect the broken strings of my life to relate a relation meaningful
You can make it work, you can make me come alive, you can.

I take a stroll round the uptown parks, and come back like every other yesterday
Give me a reason not to come back….in the sense coming back to what I was.

I am as helpless as a baby immediately out of his mother’s womb
A baby who doesn’t even know to cry out with innocence and want

Look into my eyes to find eyes looking back at you in question
Eyes which hardly want to blink; in fear of missing your sudden glimpse.

You mean the world to me, a thing beyond this world, or let’s make it this world alone.
For let me limit my world to this world. Where this world tends to infinity and beyond.

Let the impostor of my dream and slap of this reality merge,
For you are the only probable difference between them.

Consider me for once for I have considered you forever
This drink is worth a drop if not a peg

You cannot be of a better use to anyone
Rather, no one else can need you as badly

Walk into the desert of my life…for I call for you
I will cry away your tears, for mine has dried into patience waiting.

- Chetan Tibrewala

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit too lengthy, a bit too messed up at times. A different approach to poetry though.
Nice usage of vocab!
Welcome to Freaks! You'll surely grow as a poet here.

Janvi Gandhi said...

Little cluttered but yes, I stand by critic's hope. This is your magic wand if you hold on to it :) Good luck!